Here, expansive dunes of gypsum sand resembling the form of waves engulf 224.6 mi2 of desert, creating the world’s largest gypsum sand dunes. Cool to the touch, this unique dune field is composed of gypsum and calcium sulfate, providing a serene backdrop for beautiful landscape photography. Each visit to the dunes is visually different every time!
White Sands National Monument is a U.S. National Park, preserving a major portion of the dune fields along with the plants and animals that live there. The backdrop of the mountain ranges to the east and west makes the location a scenic delight with surreal photographic opportunities for image making.
What You’ll Learn
- Creative landscape photography and working with unique challenges
- Special focus on capturing fine details and intricate patterns
- How to balance light and the angle of the sun
- Working with shadows and contrast
- How to create the perfect composition
- Black and white photography
Visit our website to see the complete itinerary for this workshop.
Share this page via: