Hamnoy Lofoten Islands Norway
LOFOTEN ISLANDS, NORWAY LANDSCAPES & NIGHTSCAPES WINTER PHOTO WORKSHOP
by Jennifer King Photography Workshops
MARCH 3-12, 2018 2 LAST MINUTE OPENINGS!
$6400 USD *INCLUSIVE 9-DAYS/9-NIGHTS
INSTRUCTORS: JENNIFER KING AND RANDY WILSON
March is the perfect month for visiting the islands, as this is an ideal time for Northern Lights, snow covered mountains, and the colder temperatures of winter have passed. Join us on this incredible ADVENTURE PHOTO WORKSHOP as we explore (and stay) in coastal fishing villages and capture the beauty and drama of this stretch of unchanged coastal islands.
DAY 1: SATURDAY, MARCH 3
Arrive at OSLO (OSL) international airport. We will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. Rest, relax or explore before our afternoon Meet & Greet followed by Welcome Dinner. Please plan to depart from the US on Friday, March 2nd. Most international flights to arrive the following morning. Our lodging in Oslo is near the airport to accommodate different time arrivals.
DAY 2: SUNDAY, MARCH 4
Breakfast followed by departure for the Lofoten Islands. We will fly from Oslo to Leknes on the Lofoten Islands (more info below). In Leknes, we will stop for lunch, then transport to our lodging at a fishing village at the south end of the islands. Sunset photo session followed by dinner. Northern Lights will be photographed on all nights they are present. Our fishing village and cabins are located directly on the water so that we will be able to see the Aurora through our windows.
DAY 3: MONDAY, MARCH 5
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. We will spend the day exploring old fishing villages and eating local foods in the Reine. Sunset followed by dinner and night photo session.
DAY 4: TUESDAY, MARCH 6
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. We will have a processing class, and return to the field for photography, sunset, dinner and Northern Lights.
DAY 5: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. A morning of rest followed by lunch break and more exploration. Sunset session followed by dinner and Northern Lights.
DAY 6: THURSDAY, MARCH 8
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. Explore the islands of the south, followed by lunch break. Sunset followed by dinner and Northern Lights.
DAY 7: FRIDAY, MARCH 9
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. Today we will check out of our fishing village and travel north to Leknes. Here we will stay in the small city to position ourselves for some of the northern island landscapes. Sunset photo session followed by dinner with a processing class. Northern Lights photo session if present.
DAY 8: SATURDAY, MARCH 10
Sunrise photo session followed by breakfast. Explore northern coastal areas and fishing villages, and enjoy local cuisine. Sunset photo session followed by Northern Lights.
DAY 9: SUNDAY, MARCH 11
Today we will depart the islands and fly back to Oslo. Flight time permitting we will enjoy a sunrise and breakfast before departure. We will arrive in Oslo, and stay at an airport hotel to position ourselves for Monday’s departure. Departure dinner including slide show of your favorite images from the trip.
DAY 10: MONDAY, MARCH 12
Depart Oslo for home.
- 9-Nights Lodging*: 5-nights lodging in cabins at fishing village on the water, 2-nights lodging in Leknes, arrival and departure night at OSLO Int’l Airport Hotel.
- Breakfasts included
- Welcome and Departure Dinners
- All transportation throughout the Lofoten Islands
- Professional instruction and guiding for field sessions and class sessions
- Water and snacks provided
- Friendship, fun and adventure!
- The Fishing Village Cabins are comprised of one bedroom cabins (only 2 available) and two bedroom cabins with shared bath in between bedrooms.
- The arrival and departure nights are located in the airport vicinity to accommodate different arrival and departure times.
- Leknes lodging is at a Best Western within city limits, but positions us for a few impressive photo locations in the northern part of the islands.
- Lodging is based on double occupancy. If you require a private room throughout the workshop (including cabins), a single supplement of $1500 will apply.
- If you do not need a private room and cabin, you will be paired with another participant for room/cabin share.
- Spousal supplement is $3000, and includes lodging, breakfasts, Welcome and Departure Dinners, all ground transportation in Lofoten and field sessions.
- Airfare to OSLO Int’l Airport.
- Travel costs associated with your US departure.
- Airfare from OSLO to LEKNES. Please note, that the Lofoten Islands are very remote, and it takes time to get there. Flying from Oslo to Leknes is the shortest and most effective route to optimize your time and experience. We will provide flight number and info on how to book this flight. Cost for this flight in 2017 was $300 round trip.
- Meals not noted above such as lunches during our daily excursions and dinners.
- Passport or Visa fees. Please note that VISA’s are not necessary for US Citizens to enter Norway.
- Travel insurance.
- Trip is planned during optimal aurora activity, but this is weather permitting. We cannot be held liable if weather prevents us from photographing aurora.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR NORWAY
We understand that sometimes things come up that require you to cancel. We strongly advise the purchase of travel insurance to protect your investment and vacation.
A $1000 deposit is required at registration to secure your spot in the workshop. This deposit is non-refundable unless we are able to fill your space.
Cancellation must be received in writing (email) at which time the following fees are non-refundable:
121+ DAYS PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP START DATE, DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE UNLESS WE ARE ABLE TO FILL YOUR SPACE.
120-91 DAYS PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP START DATE, 50% REFUNDABLE
90-DAYS PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP START DATE, NON-REFUNDABLE
This trip is planned during optimal aurora activity. Photography the aurora is weather permitting. We will not be held liable if the weather prevents us from photographing these northern lights, and refunds are not given if the weather prevents this.
Travel insurance is strongly advised! While we understand that life can bring on unexpected surprises that can require you to cancel or else a workshop early, it is your responsibility to secure your investment. We are not able to offer credits in lieu of refunds on any last minute cancellation or early departure.
Travel insurance is relatively inexpensive, and there are many companies that offer this service. NANPA members are now offered travel insurance, as well as Travel Guard, Allianz, credit card companies and other private insurance companies. Travel insurance can cover you in case of illness, accident or death, trip interruption (such as a volcano in another country that can cause your flight cancellation) medical costs during your trip and more. Please note that for international trips, JKPW is required to prepay lodging and other travel expenses that are non-refundable to the company. The best way to protect your trip is through trip insurance. Please visit our terms and conditions for more information.
CALL US AT 888.972.3535
or email us at email@example.com
HA EN FIN DAG! HAVE A NICE DAY!
Share this page via: