Kyushu Island, Japan
As the sword is drawn from the water, drops form on its edge, and when the gods, Izanami and Izanagi, sweep the blade through the sky these drops fall back into the ocean, forming the mystical islands of Japan.
The historical roots of the Japanese people lie in the myths and legends that began more than a thousand years ago. These ancient traditions are still evident today and a significant part of modern Japan’s ethos and imagination.
By traversing the ancient myth road on Kyushu Island, you will visit the places where the myths originated and discover the soul of Japan as well as the hidden realms of its culture that few tourists experience.
- Discover the soul of Japan as well as the hidden realms of its culture that few tourists experience;
- Roam the ancient myth road of Japan’s primeval past, exploring the places where the myths originated & shamanistic magic still dwells;
- From sunset to dawn, witness Kagura ritual dances that colorfully re-tell the legends of ancient Japan;
- At dawn, photograph a cliff-side cave shrine on the Pacific Ocean where a sea goddess gave birth to a great god;
- Stay at traditional Japanese inns & homes, that serve savory local cuisine & provide quiet moments of contemplation in an onsen;
- Receive expert, individual instruction for improving your photographic technique & personal vision from an awarding winning, internationally renowned photographer.
Share this page via: