Kathmandu Valley, Nepal & Pohkara, Nepal
“Inside Nepal” is an intimate, handcrafted photography tour/workshop that will take you into the heart of Nepal’s diverse landscape and culture. It’s an authentic journey where you, the photographer, will explore and intimately experience its culture and traditions that have survived for thousands of years. In addition to having a unique cultural experience, photographers will learn advanced photography techniques that will develop their photographic abilities and personal vision.
The educational component of this photography tour consists of review/critique sessions, workshops: 2 – 3 special sessions & daily “in the field” sessions, as well as a cultural guide who provides background & historical information about specific cultural events, locations and Nepal’s diverse ethnic groups. Since the tour is limited to 5 – 7 photographers, each photographer will receive at least 2 half-days (8 hours) of personalized instruction from Mick in the field.
Off Beat Photography Workshops & Tours is totally committed to providing a professional photography education and a culturally enriching tour that benefits both the traveller and the local people of the host country. The tourism we promote is designed to lessen the ecological impact on an environment and maximize sustainable human development and social equality within it.
- Immerse yourself in some of Nepal’s timeless cultural traditions & religious rituals;
- Roam the meandering back alleys of Bhaktapur, discovering moments most tourists never see;
- Witness ancient Hindu rituals at Dakshinkali as pilgrims gather here & make sacrifices for their future;
- Photograph the predawn procession of Buddhist pilgrims bearing candles & incense as they circumambulate the Bodnath stupa, the largest in Asia;
- Stay at a “homestay” in the foothills of the Annapurna range, photographing village life as it has been lived for thousands of years;
- Receive expert, individual instruction for improving your photographic technique & personal vision from an awarding winning, internationally renowned photographer.
Share this page via: